The “Champagne” of all sailing events…The Black Tie Regatta
October 7-9, 2022 Rush Creek Yacht Club, Heath Texas
In 1967, a very special scow regatta was created, not only for some of the best sailing in the country, but more importantly, the best PARTY!
Tradition was that at the end of racing on Saturday evening, the sailors were greeted with Champagne at the docs to kick off the evening’s festivities that included a formal dinner, dancing and entertainment.
When RCYC was formed in 1969, this event became even more prestigious with sailors coming from all over to enjoy this event. Talk to any of the scow sailors from those days, and you will see a smile and comment about how much they enjoyed not only the great racing, but the party as well.
That tradition is alive and well today, with the MC fleet 5 at RCYC! We are bringing back the 3-day event (Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning) World-class racing and the famous Black Tie Party featuring a “Cirque du Soleil” style of show with aerial displays and fire dancers. Also, for sailors arriving the Thursday evening before the event, Scott Slocum will be hoisting a free clinic on how to tune your MC for maximum performance.
1. Seven races will be attempted.
2. Thursday October 6, 2022, 1 pm, Registration opens/ MC Race seminar 3pm
3. Friday, October 7, 2022, 12 pm, Competitor’s briefing at RCYC
4. Friday, October 7, 2022, 1 pm, First warning signal, races to follow
5. Friday, October 7, 2022, Post race Keg party heavy hors’d’vours
6. Saturday October 8, 2022, 10 am, Warning signal, races to follow
7. Saturday, October 8, 2022, Post-Race Fun, Black Tie party, Dinner, live music/ entertainment
8. Sunday, October 9, 2022, 10 am, first warning signal; no warning signal shall be made after 1 pm
9. Sunday, October 9, 2022, Awards will be presented approximately 1 hour after all boats in
What’s so great about Rush Creek Yacht Club?
· Over 20 thousand acres of lake racing area available
· Plenty of parking for your car and boat, in the same area
· Dry sailing with two launching hoists and 3 ramps
· Onsite Swimming pool, Bar, and restaurant
· RCYC to host the 2023 MC Nationals, June 14-17.